My Blog List

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Prissteens - Live in NYC 1998

The Prissteens were from New York City and existed from 1995 to 1999. Their drummer was Joe Vincent who was previously a member of the Devil Dogs. They released one album and two singles before splitting up. Both these recordings are audience recordings and the sound is good. The CIH show has many new songs that never got released.

Some info here: http://www.discogs.com/artist/Prissteens%2C+The
Video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlCdd9h_clE&feature=related

@ Tramps, NYC 7-17-98: [from cassette tape]
01. Going Out Tonight
02. I Don't Cry
03. Run Back To You
04. Sorrow [McCoys]
05. Oh Billy
06. I'm Devastated
07. The Hound
08. Scandal, Controversy & Romance
09. Let Me Run Wild
10. (I'd Go The) Whole Wide World [Wreckless Eric]
11. I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend (with Joey Ramone) [Ramones]

@ Coney Island High, NYC 12-31-98 [from cassette tape]
01. The Hound
02. I'm A Mess
03. Party Mom Style
04. title unknown
05. Sorrow [McCoys]
06. Oh Billy
07. Why Don't You
08. title unknown
09. Baby Come Closer
10. Champagne Sheila
11. How Does It Feel To Feel [Creation]
12. title unknown
13. Broken Hearts
14. Going Out Tonight
15. I'm In Love

5 comments:

  1. Thank You!!! I loved The Pristeens but never came across any bootlegs until now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phil in NJ, I'm glad someone out there knows and loves the Prissteens besides me. They seem to be forgotten these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for this the Coney Island High show has a song i've been trying to track down for ages.... really appreciate this made my night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Which song is nit that you have been looking for?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi i think its the fourth song mid tempo song Lori told me it was called "stormy weather" at the time... i told her part of it reminded me of a beatles song or something and she told me she thought it sounded like Abba. also "how does it feel"... just the whole set i love, i was seeing them a lot at that time and none of those songs got a proper release.

    ReplyDelete