My Blog List

Friday, February 18, 2011

Red Tide - F.O.E. Hall, Victoria Canada 9-21-84

It seems that Red Tide released only one 7" in their day and had a few songs on some compilation albums and tapes. Here's a nice live show that was recorded through the soundboard. The quality is very good. Can anyone fill in the song titles?

setlist: [from cassette tape]
01. It's More a Feeling
02. Kelp and Salal
03. title unknown
04. title unknown
05. Sata Mari Marushi
06. title unknown
07. For the Good of the Province
08. title unknown
09. Ceremony [New Order]
10. title unknown
11. Knockin' On Heaven's Door [Bob Dylan]

5 comments:

  1. Brett , track 9 is Ceremony , a cover of New Order's 1st single though it is very much a Joy Division song.
    Paul Barlow (Manchester)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Paul for the song title.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOLY SMOKES!!! Where the heck did you find that? Victoria Demo Restoration Projekt (V.D.R.P.) thanks you for something really rare, I thought I had every Red Tide tidbit. http://vdrp.blogspot.com is the bl0g (h)url :), I'll probably figure out what songs are on the demo and post the demo to the bl0g once I figure out what tracks are which (and clean it up a bit). BTW: Track 1 is It's More a Feeling, Track 2 is Kelp and Salal. Will keep you updated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Griphin for the song titles. Glad you found something you didn't have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm always looking for more Victoria, BC demos, check out the blog and I always take requests. Perhaps I'll post some rare Red Tide or something. :)

    ReplyDelete