My Blog List

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Hugh Cornwell - Harmonie, Bonn Germany 3-23-07

If you are like me, you are a fan of the Stranglers and have been for a long time. I've always wondered what stranglers songs would sound like without those keyboards. Hugh Cornwell was the singer/guitarist in the Stranglers from 1974-1990 after which he went on to a solo career. In the last few years he's been playing Stranglers songs in his live gigs. This show lets us hear some Stranglers songs without those keyboards and they sound great.

Setlist:
01. Nice N' Sleazy
02. Picked Up By The Wind
03. Hanging Around
04. Bearcage
05. Black Hair Black Eyes Black Suit
06. Always The Sun
07. Nerves Of Steel
08. Walk On By
09. No More Heroes
10. Peaches
11. Down In The Sewer

6 comments:

  1. ah.........Hugh. A friend of mine told me that he sounds oke.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have great respect for him, but i prefer the good old Stranglers...with sensei Burnell

    I"m missing that bloody bass

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got this show a week ago and have been listening to it steady ever since. It's my favorite thing to listen to right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The video from this show is amazing and after watching Caroline Campbell play bass on all these killer Stranglers tunes, I never need to see JJ play again. That girl is amazing (no offence to JJ). Thank you for posting the audio

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is there an official video for this show? I'd like to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so good, i saw cornwell both in london and paris, but the paris gig was extraordinary, small basement venue, maybe a 100 people in there, and a pure punk show that i never thought i would have the chance to see. Cornwell even had to stop in mid song and warn the audience to "stay the fuck away from the amps". He is real vs the somehow artificial thing the stranglers, even in baz includin line up, have become.
    Anyways thanks for another great post.

    ReplyDelete